Whistleblowing & Case Management Software
A whistleblowing system has become standard in preventing corruption, fraud, embezzlement, money laundering and other malpractices. However, the requirements for a whistleblowing system go beyond simply setting up a telephone hotline or email address for whistleblowers to report misconduct and violations.
Instead, a workflow must be implemented that ensures confidential communication in an efficient and audit-proof manner to protect the anonymity of the whistleblower, the employee, the company and the incriminated persons. It is only via a secure, confidential whistleblower system that staff can report abuses, misconduct and regulatory violations to their employer. If a case is responsibly handled in-house, the company can be spared problems such as a loss of public credibility.
The whistleblowing system from Compliance Solutions meets all the requirements of the EU Whistleblower Directive and offers a secure and confidential transmission of information.
The EU Whistleblowing Directive
The EU Whistleblower Directive came into force on 16th December 2019. The directive aims to protect whistleblowers, and EU Member States must put it into national law within two years, by the end of 2021. The directive focuses on protecting whistleblowers by means of a system that guarantees anonymity and confidentiality so that potential abuses can be more easily uncovered. After a further transition period, companies with over 50 staff and over €10 million turnover must have implemented their own internal system for whistleblowers to report misconduct.
Extract from Directive (EU) 2019/1937 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2019 on the protection of persons who report breaches of Union law:
Transposition and transitional period
(1) Member States shall bring into force the laws, regulations and administrative provisions necessary to comply with this Directive by 17 December 2021.
(2) By way of derogation from paragraph 1, as regards legal entities in the private sector with 50 to 249 workers, Member States shall by 17 December 2023 bring into force the laws, regulations and administrative provisions necessary to comply with the obligation to establish internal reporting channels under Article 8(3).
(3) When Member States adopt the provisions referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2, those provisions shall contain a reference to this Directive or be accompanied by such a reference on the occasion of their official publication. Member States shall determine how such reference is to be made. They shall forthwith communicate to the Commission the text of those provisions.
Compliant Whistleblowing Software Solutions
Through its whistleblowing software, Compliance Solutions enables breaches of laws to be reported in a secure, confidential way. A protected, anonymous web form ensures that the whistleblower’s identity is protected. A confidential dialogue function enables the whistleblower reporting the misconduct to receive feedback and answer questions about the breaches.
Compliance Solutions whistleblower systems are multilingual and are in use in companies around the world. They guarantee technical security and protect against third party access in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Clearly defined roles for staff are defined in the Case Management system. A user-friendly, guided process with detailed work instructions guarantees that whistleblowing cases are dealt with in a structured, audit-proof way.
- A whistleblower uses the multilingual report form to submit a new report
- The report is received in the whistleblower system and is automatically translated
- The guided process, using defined roles, begins
- The parties involved add information
- Risk assessment and automated risk classification
- The need for action is determined
- Verdict on the case: confirm, reject or escalate
- Possibly pass on to management
Leading Whistleblower System Provider
Compliance Solutions is one of the first providers to systematically develop an all-embracing compliance platform that maps every aspect of digital compliance in an integrated software system. The result is the MCS Compliance Platform, which is currently the most powerful compliance platform in the marketplace.
As a whistleblower system provider, Compliance Solutions provides the following systems through the MCS Compliance Platform:
- Whistleblowing System
- Case Management System
- Whistleblowing & Case Management System
The systems can be deployed both as one-off solutions and as a group of systems within the MCS platform landscape.
Alongside standard solutions, Compliance Solutions also provides enterprise solutions based on the MCS Compliance Platform that can be flexibly customised to meet specific needs.
Our Legal & Compliance experts will be happy to advise you
If you are thinking about implementing a digital solution for whistleblowing & case management, or if you would like to book a product demonstration, please use our contact form, call us on +49 711 217 232 92 or write us an email