Whistleblowing & Case Management Software
A Whistleblower System has become one of the standards for preventing corruption, fraud, betrayal, money laundering and other abuses in organizations. However, the requirements for a whistleblowing software go beyond the mere establishment of a telephone hotline or e-mail address for whistleblower to report misconduct and violations. Instead, a workflow must be implemented that ensures confidential communication efficiently and in an audit-proof process in order to protect the anonymity of whistleblowers, employees, companies and the persons involved.
Employees can only report complaints, misconduct and violations of laws to the compliance officer via a secure and confidential Whistleblower Software. If a complaint or report is already handled responsibly within the organization, the company can take action to prevent a loss of credibility in regard to the public.
The EU Whistleblowing Directive
The EU Whistleblower Protection Directive came into force on December 16, 2019. The directive is intended to protect whistleblowers and must also be implemented in the national law of the EU member states within a two-year period by the end of 2021.
At the center of the directive is the protection of whistleblowers through a system that guarantees anonymity and confidentiality so that possible wrongdoings can be safely reported. After a further transition period, companies with 50 or more employees with a turnover of more than 10 million must have implemented a suitable internal system for whistleblowers to report misconduct.
Excerpt of Directive (EU) 2019/1937 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2019 on the protection of persons who report breaches of Union law:
Transposition and transitional period
1. Member States shall bring into force the laws, regulations and administrative provisions necessary to comply with this Directive by 17 December 2021.
2. By way of derogation from paragraph 1, as regards legal entities in the private sector with 50 to 249 workers, Member States shall by 17 December 2023 bring into force the laws, regulations and administrative provisions necessary to comply with the obligation to establish internal reporting channels under Article 8(3).
3. When Member States adopt the provisions referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2, those provisions shall contain a reference to this Directive or be accompanied by such a reference on the occasion of their official publication. Member States shall determine how such reference is to be made. They shall forthwith communicate to the Commission the text of those provisions.
State-Of-The-Art Whistleblowing Software Systems
With its whistleblower software, Compliance Solutions offers a secure and confidential transmission of information on rule violations. A protected, anonymous web form ensures that the identity of the individual source is protected. The whistleblower who reports the complaints receives feedback via a confidential dialog function and can answer questions about the violations.
Compliance Solutions’ Whistleblower Systems work multilingual and are used in many companies all around the world. With servers in the EU, they guarantee technical security and access protection from third parties in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Clearly defined roles for employees are defined in the Case Management System. A user-friendly guided process with detailed work instructions guarantees a structured, audit-proof processing of whistleblowing cases.
- A new report from a whistleblower is received via the multilingual form
- Receipt of the information in the Whistleblower System with automated translation
- Start of the guided process via defined user roles
- Addition of information about people involved
- Risk calculation and automated risk assessment
- Determination of the need for action
- Assessment of the case: confirm, reject or escalate
- Depending on the result handover to management
Leading Whistleblower Software Provider
Compliance Solutions was one of the first companies to consistently develop a comprehensive compliance platform that covers all aspects of digital compliance in an integrated system. The result: The MCS Compliance Platform, which is currently the most powerful Legal & Compliance Platform on the market.
Compliance Solutions as a Whistleblower System provider offers the following systems:
- Whistleblowing System
- Case Management System
- Whistleblowing & Case Management System
The systems can be used as single solutions or in a system network within the MCS Platform landscape in companies.
In addition to the Standard Solutions, Compliance Solutions also offers Enterprise Solutions based on the MCS Compliance Platform, which can be flexibly adapted to individual needs.
Contact Our Legal & Compliance Experts
If you are considering implementing a digital solution for Whistleblowing & Case Management, are interested in our Compliance Software Platform, or just want more detailed information on the subject, please call us on +49 711 217 232 92 or use our contact form.